Naruto Divided World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginners guide to Naruto Divided Worlds

Go down

Beginners guide to Naruto Divided Worlds Empty Beginners guide to Naruto Divided Worlds

Post by Ika Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:35 pm

Introduction

If you’re reading this, welcome to Naruto Divided World.

Naruto Divided World is meant as a love letter to the earlier days of Naruto. Before all the craziness with aliens and eyeball powers beyond comprehension, Naruto was a series with pretty reasonable power scaling and a defined ceiling and upper echelon, with sensible limitations as to how much bullshit you could cram in one ninja’s toolkit. This to me was the peak of the series, a time where you could make nearly any set of powers work to some degree or another, and you could really find a niche within the world to some extent or another.

At its core, I view the Naruto world as a vehicle for clan drama, territory drama, and political drama related to those first two points. The villages each had time periods where they were more powerful, they had times where they wished to seek new lands, times where clans came together to form more powerful factions that could lead them to new heights, and this is where the intrigue in Naruto is for me. We are an AU Roleplay that largely takes the aspects of Canon we liked, and leave the rest for others to work through in their own roleplays.

Key Info

NDW focuses primarily on 3 villages. The Leaf Village, which has all the canon properties and abilities that the original Leaf Village had; the Storm Village, which has all the canon properties and abilities of both the Cloud Village and the Mist Village; and then the Sand Village, which has all the canon properties and abilities of the Stone Village, and the Sand Village. This is meant to give all 3 of them their own unique identity and personality, and they’re not meant to intermingle or intermix in any way. We believe in maintaining the unique identities between the villages, and so we don’t want to allow a puppeteer Uchiha with a 7 sword and the Rin’negan. I’m sure some places like this type of stuff, but we don’t.

As far as combat as concerned, we tend to be firm believers in the art of free-form RP. What does this mean, you asked incredulously in this fake and usefully manufactured interaction I’ve conjured from the ethereal ooze? Excellent question, and I’m glad you’ve asked. What this means is while we have skills and a tier system, the goal of our combat writing is storytelling first and foremost, and I don’t particularly enjoy the concept of competitive RP. If you find yourself in a fight thread, and believe it to be a competitive exercise I think you’ve largely missed the point. Skills and tiers are a guide, a framework to work within to tell an interesting story and to help understand what characters are good at, and how they slot into things. Using them for anything more deep and nuanced than that is faulty, if not outright silly. I have had characters who were masters in taijutsu get punched in the face by beginners because it was funny, or because it made sense in the context of the story we were telling. Roleplay is an exercise in cooperative storytelling, not autofellatio.

Character Creation

The next step is working on a character application. I believe in a fairly streamlined app-making process, because apps are boring and dumb and rarely if ever indicative of how the character will manifest in an RP setting. I ask for a paragraph or two of personality not because it’s important, but as a quick IQ check to see if you can write a prompted paragraph.

I personally will always recommend using the app generator, located at this link that I will definitely be including above, and that you can easily find in the menu bar provided you can read. I tend to churn out applications in about 20 minutes. History is considered optional because you’d need to understand the plot to do one correctly, and that’s a fairly big ask for someone who’s just joined the site. If you are a big time plot nerd, see the primers in the discord and the timeline in the menu bar. We also have a map for some reason that some members can’t help but talk about. The cartography club we call them, weird fuckers.

If you are struggling with any aspect of your application, you can always reach out to me for help and I will walk you through it. I really don’t value applications that highly, and hope you won’t stress yourself about them either. Once you’re done with this app, I will slap a tier on it and tell you it’s time to work on your jutsu list and skills. Believe it or not, this is actually the easy part. If you click the link and go to the skills/jutsu generator, you will be taken to a page that will practically do it for you. Please play around with it, and if you have any questions feel free to reach out. Also, if you’re a Genin bare in mind you shouldn’t have many if any skills at “master” and no grandmasters till 1 tier.

Wow, you’re still reading. Weirdo. Well, I hope to see you around random person reading this, unless you’re Graven. Fuck that guy.

Ika
Admin

https://narutodw.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down